The Role of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium effectively, which is important for bone health and muscle function. One serve of Kid Essentials®* contains 46% of your child’s daily vitamin D requirements1.
Why vitamin D is important
- Boosts immunity
- Helps absorption of calcium for strong teeth and bones
- Maintains healthy muscle function
How can I increase my child’s vitamin D intake?
Try adding these vitamin D containing foods to your diet:
- oily fish
With only limited dietary sources of vitamin D available, meeting vitamin D through food alone is extremely difficult 2.
Help your children meet their vitamin D and calcium daily requirements by topping up with a serving of Kid Essentials®*.
* A serving of Kid Essentials® is measured as 55g plus 210ml of water
- National Health and Medical Research Council. 2014. Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand, Vitamin D. Accessed on 26.11.19 from https://www.nrv.gov.au/nutrients/vitamin-d
- Department of Health. Your Health: a report on the health of Victorians 2012. Accessed on 26.11.19 from https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/population-health-systems/health-status-of-victorians/your-health-biennial-report/your-health-a-report-on-the-health-of-victorian-2012-current-report
KID ESSENTIALS® is a food for special medical purposes and is specifically formulated for medical conditions where nutritional needs cannot be met through diet modification alone. Must be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional.