Portion: Approx. 1/4 cup per serving
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place the cut-up cooked fish into blender or food processor.
- Purée cooked fish with hot liquid and butter/margarine until smooth in texture.
- Add THICKENUP® Clear. Process briefly until mixed, scraping sides of bowl.
- Serve hot. Heat until internal temperature reaches 74°C and serve immediately.
|Ingredients (for 5 servings)|
|Fish, unbreaded, cooked||10 oz (284 g)|
|Butter or margarine||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Fish stock or chicken broth, hot||3 Tbsp (45 ml)|
|THICKENUP® Clear||1 Tbsp + 2 tsp (25 ml)|
WHEN WE PURÉE FISH
- Use a lower heat and moist cooking method such as braising, simmering, steaming or stewing as they help to retain the moisture and fat content. Frying, baking, broiling, barbequing and grilling often will result in dry, crispy, crumbly products and they do not purée well.
- Drain and remove skin, bone and any tough parts.
- Retain 80-100 ml of the cooking liquids/sauce or have 80-100 ml of complementary flavour broth or stock handy when puréeing the fish. Broth or stock will add flavour to the cooked fish. In addition, consider using a drizzle of lemon juice or other seasoning such as pepper to taste.
- For fish, a food processor will often work better as there is more blade surface for processing.
Please note: The exact amount of THICKENUP® Clear required in the recipe varies greatly therefore add the powder slowly, 1 scoop at a time until the correct consistency is achieved. Scoop amounts may vary depending on the water content/moisture of the food. Seasonal variation in fruits and vegetables may occur. Check your recipe consistency by using the IDDSI testing methods at www.iddsi.org. People who required texture modified food may need support when eating to reduce chocking risk. Check support is available if needed.
THICKENUP® Clear is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of people with swallowing difficulties. Must be used under medical supervision.